It’s highly important to reflect on what you’re grateful for every now and then, if not every day. So I’m starting a gratitude journal.
Along with meditating and writing down progress entries in my journal, I’d like to start a series of gratitude entries.
Every month, I’ll share the 5 things I’m most grateful for. So, here’s my January entry.
The 5 Things I’m Grateful For
- My family: This one’s a given and I’m never not grateful for them. But I’d like to take a moment and appreciate how much they actually do for me. Physically, they’re here to help me. Just the other day, my car skipped during a ground blizzard and got stuck in the snow. For those of you fortunate souls who don’t know what a ground blizzard is: it’s high winds that are blowing the already fallen snow everywhere causing low visibility. These also mean it’s below freezing which can cause ice to form on the roads. So yeah, my car got stuck and my mom and brother came to hauled me out. The other wonderful thing that happened was the amount of people who were driving by but stopped to make sure I was ok. That warmed my heart.
The people made the experience less terrible.
- The winter is tough and I’m so grateful I have a home where I can be warm. I also have the appropriate clothing for the cold temperatures and a car to get me places. (Even if I crash into snow) I’m still grateful for being fortunate of having these things when I need them the most.
- Stephen King has saved my life recently. Last year, I started reading The Green Mile but kind of put it off and didn’t pick it back up until recently. Now that I have more free time at home and at work, I was able to finish it and it was so good. I even watched the movie the other day and also amazing, brought tears to my eyes. Now I’m reading Mr. Mercedes and I can’t easily put it down! Thanks to these books, my down time at work is now bearable.
- My cat: I’m forever grateful for having her in my life. She makes me feel welcomed when I get home after work (whenever she feels like walking all the way over to me from the couch, that is).
Lady might be in every single one of these gratitude entries because she’s so stinking cute.
- My sister got me a 3-step skincare kit from Clinique and it’s been working like magic. I’ve been using it every day since the beginning of January and my skin has never felt better! I appreciate my sister for getting it for me and the product for making me feel a lot more confident when I don’t wear makeup. It’s such a gift (quite literally, since she gave it to be as a gift…)
These entries may be really short or longer pieces, depending on how I’m feeling. On most posts, I usually like to spend a bit more time editing or fine-tuning, but these will be a bit different.
I want these to be as raw as possible by letting my feelings be said as they are. So, stay tuned for more and I highly recommend you reflect on what you’re grateful for today. 🙂